Buy-to-let loans look poised to accelerate
Attractive rates lure professional investors back to the market as residential mortgages stay strong.
The level of buy-to-let investor activity may be about to accelerate, if recent trends in the mortgage market are considered an indicator. The first three months of this year saw a 12.8 per cent increase in the draw down of buy-to-let mortgages across Irish banks and lenders compared to the same period of 2017.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive