Avoid yellow peril with daffodil tips
There is still time to enjoy late-flowering narcissus
I was asked recently if daffodil bulbs can be planted now. Of course, daffodils in pots can be planted into the garden, but the best time to plant daffodil bulbs is from early autumn until late October. But beware: unplanted daffodils bulbs should not be left lying around, as they can be mistaken for onions and eaten with disastrous consequences – as happened to my parents years ago. They unknowingly chopped up some daffodil bulbs that were found in the bottom of my grandmother’s big yellow dresser and added them to a stew. Thankfully, they recovered, and won’t make the same mistake again.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.