Rental crisis: Why do we avoid the medicine that works?
One solution to the crisis is the well-established lease law. Residential leases could also be used to offer security
I was at an event for the launch of the rental sector strategy recently, and was struck by the sheer volume of housing expertise that was in the room. No interested sector was missing: we had experts from the Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government, planners, the usual tranche of charities, various vested interests and a host of academics.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive