Art and money back in the picture for Ireland
With art increasingly attractive to investors as an asset class, the global art market is booming. The BBC’s John Wilson described art auctions as “a great gladiatorial environment” - the market is volatile and not without risk. Collectors must be equipped with the requisite knowledge to care for and protect their investment. Fears are prevalent, too, that Brexit could have a detrimental impact on the market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive