Karl Deeter on the argument for cutting AIB loose
By selling the bank, we’d reap massive revenue overnight and leave the risks to the investors
We need healthy banks free of political interference in order to ensure our housing market can operate. Otherwise we end up with zombie institutions that cannot enforce contracts or offer good value credit to those who need it such as the builders, developers and buyers of housing, be they people or housing bodies.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive