Ardaulin House contents sale is a musical feast
A house contents sale poses more questions than it answers. In the case of Ardaulin House, Dublin 7, given the number of overseas lots, was this a family of globetrotters, or armchair travellers, buying at auction? You have the Edwardian Safari Hunt photographs (€500-€800), the taxidermy buffalo horns on a trophy shield mount (€120-€180), the Majong board game (€20-€30), the Chinese gilded cloisonné tureen (€120 - €180), the twin Temple vases (€150-€250) and the Georgian steamer trunk with its nautical painted interior (€120-€180).
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive