Alluring portrait and covetable furniture at Sheppards sale
The female of the species takes centre stage at Sheppard’s next week, with John Michael Wright’s Portrait of a Lady, a beauty in ringlets and red satin due to go under the hammer (€8,000-€12,000). Wright made his name with his Baroque depictions of ladies at court, as well as Oliver Cromwell and Charles II. His portrait of Charles is in the Royal Collection. Painting wasn’t his only skill. When the king decided to dispose of his collection of Old Masters, it was Wright he entrusted to the task.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive