Will Labour Court split the difference in construction pay row?
Construction sector workers have lodged a claim for a 12 per cent pay rise over three years. Given that labour costs account for 40 per cent of the price of building a house, that is likely to reduce the output from the state’s social house building programme
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive