Will this be Fianna Fáil’s last flip-flop on water charges?
The campaign of the Right2Water movement will continue: there will be no water charges through the back door
After a marathon ten-hour session of the Oireachtas water committee last Tuesday, Fianna Fáil finally caved in to Fine Gael on water charges. In a series of votes, Barry Cowen and his team opposed proposals which only days before they had enthusiastically supported.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive