Where is the ‘don’t pay’ posse leading us?
When the protest leaders fold up their tents, the homeowner is left holding the parcel, writes Pat Rabbitte.
Bliss was it that Saturday to be on the march. But to be in the Trotskyist Vanguard was very heaven. The people had risen. From the factories and the farms they came in their thousands. Revolution was in the air. The government was on the run and the national broadcaster was acting as recruiting sergeant.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive