'What’s the point of a glossy summer economic statement?'
Paschal Donohoe today turned not answering questions into an art form, writes Hugh O'Connell
Paschal Donohoe skilfully swerved questions about what the public might expect in the budget later this year as he unveiled the summer economic statement today.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.