Varadkar in U-turn as state to seek EU funding for transport projects

Varadkar in U-turn as state to seek EU funding for transport projects
Leo Varadkar

The government is to seek EU funding for transport projects in the west and northwest, in a U-turn on a previous decision by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar.

Under the EU’s Trans-European Transport Network programme, infrastructure projects can get funding of up to 30 per cent with national governments supplying the remaining 70 per cent.

But when Varadkar was minister for transport back in 2011, he signed off on a decision to exclude projects in the west and...

Subscribe from just 1€

Exclusive offers

Choose the subscription that is right for you

Monthly Subscription

€1

For the first month

€19.99 Monthly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Annual Subscription

€200€149

For the first year

€199.99 annually thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Quarterly Subscription

€55€42

For the first 90 days

€55.00 quarterly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

These offers are not available for current subscribers. Offers and pricing are subject to change without notice.

Terms & Conditions Apply

Please Subscribe or Log in to continue

Subscribe Login

Related Articles

More from The Business Post