Varadkar rules out burqa ban, calls for women in priesthood
Varadkar was speaking last week as Denmark became the latest European country to introduce a law against facial coverings
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has ruled out the introduction of a burqa ban in Ireland, saying he believes in the freedom of religion.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive