Varadkar: mortgage rates are high due to low number of evictions
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said the low number of evictions and repossessions in Ireland is a reason why homeowners pay high mortgage interest rates.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.