Time to end the culture of secrecy in financial crisis
In 2008, weeks after the state had guaranteed the assets and liabilities of the Irish banks, the Central Bank contacted PwC. They wanted the accountancy firm to go inside the Irish financial institutions and determine the true state of their balance
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.