The Trichet letters
Sean Whelan: Money talks, and the guys who print the money talk loudest
We all like the idea of firm and decisive action – except when it happens to us. And it did happen to us. The release of the Trichet-Lenihan correspondence shows us in four snapshots the evolution of the crisis that tipped Ireland into a bailout programme.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.