The sins of our fathers
Karl Deeter: Refusing to deal with the mortgage arrears problem earlier comes with consequences
In hindsight, it would be difficult to imagine having done a worse job of it. I am referring to the financial crisis, in particular the elements of it relating to mortgages from both a regulatory and oversight point of view.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.