The political perils of good economics
Ruairi Quinn was Ireland’s best ever finance minister. And nobody wants to emulate him
‘To be Irish is to know that in the end the world will break your heart.” You can usually tell a lazy opinion writer by the number of pithy quotes they use. But it’s worth breaking my rule this one time because Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s words give me pause when thinking about Ireland’s recovery.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.