The offshore oil bonanza: where is it?
Fixing the tax system is easy, finding oil is trickier
Whenever a spokesperson for Sinn Féin or the ultra left is banging on about some worthy cause being underfunded, they are occasionally – and only occasionally – asked, “How do we pay for it?” The prompt reply is “a wealth tax”. How much will this bring in? A sum is duly conjured from thin air depending on the spokesperson.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive