The government has no will to restrict media ownership
There are no constitutional barriers to restricting media ownership. The coalition simply doesn’t want to
A number of years ago, I was invited to speak at a competition law conference in Dublin organised by Competition, a specialist journal. In my address I dealt with the issue of media ownership in a democracy.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.