TD says €1.6 billion ‘green budget’ a load of hot air from government
People Before Profit TD Bríd Smith criticised the inclusion of fossil-fuel powered buses and trains in the initiative
Public buses and trains powered by fossil fuels account for almost half of the government’s €1.6 billion ‘green budget’.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.