Sports minister plans special tax breaks for athletes
Brendan says the state needed to do more for athletes representing Ireland on the world stage
Ireland’s elite athletes, including many of its Olympians, are in line for tax breaks under proposals from Minister for Tourism and Sport Brendan Griffin.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.