Spend on housing up only €200m in three years
New figures reveal €2.28bn of exchequer funding has gone on housing since 2014, while homelessness figures rise
State spending on housing programmes has increased by only €200 million in the last three years, despite the worsening crisis. New figures show that €2.28 billion of exchequer funding has been allocated towards housing programmes between 2014 and 2016.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.