Sinn Féin's Martin McGuinness quits as Deputy First Minister
Resignation collapses power-sharing in the North and likely to lead to fresh elections
Northern Ireland has been plunged into further political crisis this evening with Sinn Féin’s Martin McGuinness resigning as Deputy First Minister.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive