Shaken Theresa May tells Tories: "I'm sorry"
Under siege prime minister says "I'll reflect on what happened"
A visibly shaken Theresa May today apologised to fellow Conservatives for a devastating electoral blow that has her on the back foot, forcing her into a loose governing alliance - just 10 days before Brexit negotiations start.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive