SF loan book bill would kill mortgage market, say main banks
Ireland’s mortgage market could become “practically inoperable” with banks raising interest rates and struggling to access international funding if a Sinn Féin bill to regulate the sale of loan books to vulture funds proceeds, a banking lobby group says.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive