Salmond says May will ‘cave in’ on second Scottish referendum
May has rejected Nicola Sturgeon’s demand to hold new referendum before spring 2019
Former Scottish first minister Alex Salmond has said that British prime minister Theresa May will eventually “cave in” to fresh demands for an independence referendum.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive