Ross’s pet project is tied up as Seanad legal eagles stymie bill
Eight months, 63 amendments and 75 hours of Seanad time later, the judicial appointments bill is still going nowhere
The judicial appointments issue is to Shane Ross what the border wall is to Donald Trump. The Minister for Transport has been obsessed with the idea of passing the bill, which is designed to change how the country’s judges are appointed, before he finishes up in office.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive