Referendum on presidency gives new meaning to youth vote
We can send a message to the world if we reduce the age at which you can run for the Áras
Harold Wilson was once accused by a political rival of “going around the country stirring up apathy”. It is an exercise currently being replicated by the government, who have decided to hold a referendum on an issue of such marginal significance that even they themselves can barely be bothered to campaign for it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive