Few are railing against Fitzgerald as she courts commuters’ votes
Transport, Brexit and a pool in Lucan are all on the minds of those who the former minister meets
On a mild Thursday evening in the Dublin docklands, it is over half an hour before Frances Fitzgerald encounters any semblance of voter anger as she canvasses commuters at the Dart station - and even then it’s from an old drinking buddy. “It’s a long time since I was drinking with you in London, myself and Michelle. I’m Robert,” says the man, before wandering off.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.