All parties hopeful that abortion legislation can be passed swiftly
Consensus even among No-voting TDs and senators that ‘guillotine’ technique will not be needed
The government and opposition parties are both hopeful of being able to avoid having to use the ‘guillotine’ to pass the new abortion law after the decisive referendum result.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive