‘Old reliables’ mostly un touched
Budget 2016 featured a number of changes in relation to indirect taxation
In the only specific tax increase announced in the budget, the excise duty on a packet of 20 cigarettes was increased by 50 cents (including VAT), with a pro-rata increase on other tobacco products with effect from midnight on October 13, 2015.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.