Nobody’s talking about it, but after Brexit we’ll have to pay more to the EU
Britain’s departure will leave a €11 billion hole in the EU’s annual budget
It is a case of ‘fingers crossed’ for politicians in Leinster House ahead of this week’s Brexit votes in the House of Commons. That is how Minister for Social Protection Regina Doherty described it after the Dáil managed to pass the Brexit omnibus bill last Wednesday, two days ahead of schedule.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive