Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
Housing remains a political pressure zone for Eoghan Murphy as he defends his new mortgage scheme
Minister for Housing Eoghan Murphy is regularly slammed by the opposition for not doing enough to solve the housing crisis. Then when he announces a new initiative – in this case a more attractive version of the council mortgage scheme – he gets flak too.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive