Mitchell O’Connor may be Europe-bound
Minister not ruling out a tilt at MEP elections
Fine Gael minister Mary Mitchell O’Connor has emerged as a contender for the European Parliament seat being vacated by Brian Hayes. The higher education minister, who sits at cabinet, has refused to rule out the possibility of running in next May’s European elections in the Dublin constituency where Hayes currently holds a Fine Gael seat.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive