Minister told Uber ride-sharing would require new transport laws
The company has run up against regulatory and legal barriers in Ireland and elsewhere in Europe
Senior officials at the Department of Transport told Minister Shane Ross the introduction of Uber’s ‘ride-sharing’ service in Ireland would require “a complete re-evaluation of policy objectives” for the sector and, at a minimum, new laws to be introduced.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive