Middle East will not convert to democracy
We must rid ourselves of the arrogant delusion that the West can impose its values across the Arab world
Having visited a number of Arab countries including Syria prior to the so-called Arab Spring, and having considered the outcome of western military interventions in the Arab world, I have come to a few conclusions about which I am increasingly confident.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive