Michael Noonan digs in over Kelly’s calls for rent certainty
Kelly clashed angrily with Noonan at a cabinet committee meeting attended by the Taoiseach and Tánaiste
Fine Gael opposition to Labour minister Alan Kelly’s plans to introduce limits on rent increases has hardened in recent days, and senior figures in both parties now say it is unlikely to form part of the measures to deal with the housing crisis due to be unveiled in the coming weeks.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.