Michael McDowell: We may be lumbered with a fatally weak government
FF's cute-hoor mindset and FG's support of Enda Kenny could seal our fate
It shows very little self-confidence for Fianna Fáil to refuse, on moral principle, to enter a partnership government in which it would be treated as equal to Fine Gael. But it does display a cute-hoor mindset which suggests that Fianna Fáil expects any new government to have to take hard decisions in order to govern properly, for which Fianna Fáil would prefer to take little or no responsibility.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive