Michael McDowell: Public interest not served by publishing Carey accusations
If similar information existed about somebody close to IN&M management or staff, would it be published?
The right to privacy and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty apply as constitutional norms to all citizens. There are times when the public’s right to know can legitimately come into conflict with those norms, and striking the balance can be difficult by times.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive