May’s cherrypicking solution needs delicate handling
Dealing with Britain means coping with its empire psyche and maybe learning a lesson from Dev
Minister of State for Training and Skills John Halligan was in London in the run- up to the 2016 Brexit referendum. His taxi driver was a Sikh who chatted away to him in heavily accented English. “We’re getting out – too many foreigners,” he told a bemused Halligan.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive