Locals-only rural housing rule will be lifted in wake of Flemish ECJ case
Simon Coveney set to bring the country in line with EU’s ‘freedom of movement’ principles
The ‘locals-only’ rule for one-off housing in rural areas is set to be scrapped to comply with EU rules.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive