Labour leader pushes government access for Big Tobacco firms
Howlin and FG’s Noone among politicians canvassed by industry; cigarette giants anxious to influence anti-smoking initiatives
Leading tobacco firms have ramped up their lobbying of senior politicians across the political spectrum, recently convincing Labour Party leader Brendan Howlin to call on the government to meet them to discuss anti-smoking policies.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive