Labour drafts legislation to allow tracker mortgage victims to sue banks
The class action lawsuit is a frequent occurrence in other jurisdictions
The Labour Party will next week introduce legislation to pave the way for victims of the tracker mortgage scandal to take massive class action lawsuits against banks.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive