Matt Cooper: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
If left outside the tent, Fianna Fáil could shower liquid as toxic as Irish Water on Fine Gael
Some of the top strategists in Fine Gael come from private sector business backgrounds. So in assessing a potential coalition with Fianna Fáil, as one of the few potentially workable options arising from the general election result, they should refer to the bookies at Paddy Power, but not for odds.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.