'Trump represents the smashing of an idea of innocence'
The all-but-sacred idea of what it is to be US president was smashed beyond repair this week
Something was smashed beyond repair in the United States this week. Not the glass ceiling that would have seen the first woman in the White House, but rather the all-but-sacred idea of what it is to be a US president.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.