Inside the budget negotiations
With so many claimants wanting chunks of the fiscal pie, negotiations on Budget 2017 went right to the wire
Negotiations on the final night before the budget were dragging on in Government Buildings - and the Independent Alliance ministers were getting hungry. After returning from a tactical break, they found two pizza boxes had been left on the table of their meeting room - with a knife.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive