'It's important for all women - not just RTE stars - that the gender pay gap is addressed'
Despite strong words, there is little to suggest the government is doing enough to address this inequality, writes Mary Regan
‘How to get a pay rise’ is up there as one of the more common Google searches, along with how to lose weight quickly, how to get a six pack, how to get a girlfriend and how to tie a tie. The answer that the hundreds of thousands of searches won’t commonly give you is the one that is most obvious - be a man.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive