Health is ‘gobbling up all the bloody money’
The overspend in health is projected to be €700m, but at least the government has Fianna Fáil onside for the budget
Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe has to deliver a budget on Tuesday which is Brexit-proofed, climate-proofed and capable of making a dent in the housing crisis. But one of the problems he encountered during the process was the level of expectation – not from the general public, but from government departments.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive