Growing opposition to carbon tax shows the difficulty of preventing an "Uninhabitable Earth"
A carbon tax in the next budget is going to be a political challenge as Varadkar is met with opposition from Sinn Féin, People Before Profit and the Irish Farmers’ Association
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.